Customer Spotlight – Seahorse Behavioral, Inc.
This month we feature Seahorse Behavioral, Inc. in our first Customer Spotlight Blog. Seahorse Behavioral is a behavioral health practice dedicated to providing therapy and medication management to people afflicted with behavioral health issues such as anxiety, depression, ADHD and dementia. For those not familiar with the term “behavioral health”, it is “the scientific study of the emotions, behaviors and biology relating to a person’s mental well-being, their ability to function in everyday life and their concept of self.” Seahorse Behavioral recently opened their doors in October of 2019.
The owner of Seahorse Behavioral, Brianne Lienkamp, RN, ANP-BC, PMHNP-BC, started the practice because of a strong desire to provide more comprehensive health care to individuals and families in our community. In Brianne’s prior 11+ years’ experience working in the healthcare industry, primarily in adult and geriatric care, she observed that many patients were not getting the level of attention they deserved. The amount of time spent with one patient was limited, wait-time was high, there were gaps in services provided, resources were depleted and follow-up was lacking. In her own practice, Brianne can now spend quality time with her patients who will have the ability to call and speak directly with her upon request.
Brianne lives in Mattapoisett with her husband, 2 children and dog, Midgey.
As a dual board certified Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, Brianne is able to bring elements of both medical and behavioral healthcare to her patients. She can provide therapy as well as prescribe medication. Traditionally, these services are provided by separate healthcare professionals. Brianne states, “Streamlining the care and allowing time for both gives me a better picture of what is going on and the patient-prescriber relationship is better overall.”
A brief highlight of the services offered by Seahorse Behavioral is provided below:
- Diagnostic & Medication Management –evaluation, diagnosis & medication management.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) – a type of psychotherapy focused on helping to understand the thoughts and feelings that impact certain behaviors.
- COPE Program – a CBT-based program designed specifically to help children, teens and young adults deal with anxiety, stress and depression.
- Concierge Care – home care services to qualified individuals who aren’t able to leave their residence because of physical disabilities, anxiety, depression or other conditions.
- Online Scheduling – conveniently schedule appointments online.
Open House: Friday, November 15, from 7 to 9 pm
Stop by to tour the facilities and learn more about the services offered. You will have the opportunity to meet Brianne and her sister Kyla. Kyla is the Office Manager and Front Desk Receptionist. She also handles billing and insurance related matters. Everyone is welcome and light refreshments will be served. The address is 369 Front Street, Marion, MA 02738.